1) JBBA Board of Officers and Directors will be hosting a hospitality room in the meeting room of Barn 4 during the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo on Friday, January 23, 2015 immediately following the Junior Heifer paper check in.
2) E6 heifers will be allowed to show at the 2015 JBBA National Show and Convention. E6 Heifers and Advancer Heifers will show together and follow all JBBA heifer show and national show rules.
3) Performance class will be added for both the heifer show and bull show at the 2015 JBBA National Show and Convention. Cattle will be carcass ultra-sounded during the 2015 convention for the performance class. Members will also be allowed to scan any animal that wish to have scanned during nationals. Proper age for animals to be scanned is between 320 and 550 days of age. Animals ultra-sounded less than 320 days and more than 550 days of age will not be included in the BBU database for EPD calculations.
4) The Junior Beefmaster Breeders Association (JBBA) A.I. program is changing its format for the JBBA AI Program. In the past we have relied on donations of semen from breeders across the country for our junior members. This year breeders are allowed to nominate their top bulls to the JBBA A.I. program. Breeders will pay a nomination fee of $150 and fill out a form and return both back to the JBBA office by January 15, 2015. The JBBA office will then put a list of bulls that have been nominated with breeders contact information, pedigree and performance information together. JBBA members will be allowed to purchase semen on these bulls for $15 per straw from March 1, 2015 through May 1, 205. If you have any questions on how the new JBBA A.I. program will work please feel free to contact Allison Wells at email@example.com or at 979-251-0325.
5) Anyone planning on attending the 2015 JBBA National Show and Convention in Bryan/College Station are encouraged to book your rooms early due to other events being held in Bryan/College Station the same week. JBBA room blocks are being held at: Best Western Premier at Old Town Center (979) 731-5300 and Courtyard Marriott (979) 695-8111.