2020-2021 Bull Development Program to be conducted at: LANDAIR, INC., 2050 Brown Ranch Lane, Beeville, Texas 78102
It is highly recommended that anyone planning to consign bulls to the 2021 LOBBA Bull Sale participate in this program.
Mission: Provide a bull development program for LOBBA members.
Will include the following:
- grow and condition yearling Beemaster bulls on a silage based ration
- record average daily rate of gain (100-120 days test)
- obtain weight per day of age
- collect scan data and scrotal measurement
- collect yearling weights
- maintain growing period through summer months
- conditioning and preparation for LOBBA Bull Sale 2021
- acquire rate of gain during conditioning period
Bull eligibility: Ages September 15, 2018 through April 30, 2019
(Fall group: 9-15-18 through 12-31-2018; Spring group: 1-1-19 through 4-30-19)
- Current LOBBA membership
- Entry nomination fee of $30.00 per bull to LOBBA
- Signed contract/agreement with Landair, Inc.
When arriving at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch):
- Copy of BBU registration certificate
- Legible permanent ID (brand or tattoo) . All ear tags will be removed at arrival and replaced with LOBBA tag and an EID tag.
- Suggested health vaccination and protocol (see LANDAIR contract)
- Modified Live (ML) viral vaccine such as Pyramid 5
- 7 or 8 way blackleg
- Pasturella vaccine
- Weaned minimum of 45 days
- All bulls will be given a booster vaccine on arrival (Pyramid 5) at consignors expense – approximately $3.00
- December 5, 2019 through December 12, 2019
- December 14, 2019 through December 20, 2019
- January 2, 2020 through January 10, 2020
Contact at Landair, Inc.: Must contact Austin Brown III prior to delivery of your bulls for entry to the property. His number is 361-597-0373. Entry gates are locked for security. Visitors are welcome with proper notification.
- Gain test will start last week of January 2020 for a 120 day feeding period
- First evaluation of bulls at conclusion of gain test – last week of May, 2020
- Scan data, yearling weights and scrotal measurements will be done at appropriate times for Fall and Spring groups.
- Fall bulls that have not been scanned prior to arrival at Landair, Inc. will be scanned on approximately January 27, 2020 to fit within the 500 day requirement. Spring bulls will be scanned middle of April.
- Bulls will be maintained at a growing rate of gain through the summer.
- A second evaluation of the bulls will occur prior to the finishing, conditioning segment of the program.
- Conditioning phase will be September through January. Gain will be recorded.
- Bulls will be tagged, clipped and tested at the end of December or the first week of January.
- Hauling, fitting, testing will be done at consignors’ expense at a group rate.
For information & nomination contact:
Melvin Scherer, Jr.
Bull delivery at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch):
Austin Brown III