The 2021-2022 Live Oak BBA Bull Development Program to be conducted at: LANDAIR, INC., 2050 Brown Ranch Lane – Beeville, TexasÂ 78102
It is highly recommended that anyone planning to consign bulls to the 2022 LOBBA Bull Sale participate in this program.
Mission:Â Â Provide a bull development program for LOBBA members.
Will include the following:
- grow and condition yearling Beemaster bulls on a silage based ration
- record average daily rate of gain (100-120 days test)
- obtain weight per day of age
- collect scan data and scrotal measurement
- collect yearling weights
- maintain growing period through summer months
- conditioning and preparation for LOBBA Bull Sale 2022 -acquire rate of gain during conditioning period
- present a uniform, quality set of bulls to meet customer demand
Bull eligibility:Â Ages September 15, 2019 through April 30, 2020
(Fall group: 9-15-19 through 12-31-2019;Â Spring group: 1-1-20 through 4-30-20)
- Current LOBBA membership
- LOBBA entry nomination fee of $50.00 per bull will be included on first Landair, Inc. billing statement
- Signed contract/agreement with Landair, Inc.
When arriving at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch):
- Copy of BBU registration certificate
- Legible, permanent holding brand and ID (brand or tattoo) . All ear tags will be removed at arrival and replaced with LOBBA tag and an EID tag.
- Suggested health vaccination and protocol (see LANDAIR contract)
- Modified Live (ML) viral vaccine such as Pyramid 5
- 7 or 8 way blackleg
- Pasturella vaccine
- Weaned minimum of 45 days
- All bulls will be given a booster vaccine on arrival (Pyramid 5) at consignors expense – approximately $3.00
- Bulls may begin arriving at Landair after December 15, 2020
- All bulls must be in place by January 25, 2021
Contact at Landair, Inc.:Â Must contact Austin Brown III prior to delivery of your bulls for entry to the property.Â His number is 361-597-0373.Â Entry gates are locked for security.Â Visitors are welcome with proper notification.
- Gain test will start February 1, 2021 for a 120 day feeding period.
- First evaluation of bulls at conclusion of gain test – last week of May, 2021
- Scan data, yearling weights and scrotal measurements will be done at appropriate times for Fall and Spring groups.
- Fall bulls that have not been scanned prior to arrival at Landair, Inc. will be scanned onÂ January 29, 2020 to fit within the 500 day requirement.Â Spring bulls will be scanned April 6, 2021.
- Bulls will be maintained at a growing rate of gain through the summer.
- A second evaluation of the bulls will occur prior to the finishing, conditioning segment of the program.
- Conditioning phase will be September through January.Â Gain will be recorded.
- Bulls will be tagged, clipped, videoed and tested at the end of November or the first week of December.
- Hauling, fitting, testing will be done at consignors’ expense at a group rate.
For information & nomination contact:
- Melvin Scherer, Jr.: 361-877-2577Â firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Mihalski: 210-415-0888Â email@example.com
Bull delivery at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch): Austin Brown III