The 2019-2020 Live Oak BBA Bull Development Program to be conducted at:
2050 Brown Ranch Lane
Beeville, TexasÂ 78102
Mission: Provide a bull development program for LOBBA members.
Will include the following:
- grow and condition yearling Beemaster bulls on a silage based ration
- record average daily rate of gain (100-120 days test)
- obtain weight per day of age
- collect scan data and scrotal measurement
- collect yearling weights
- maintain growing period through summer months
- conditioning and preparation for LOBBA Bull Sale 2020 acquire rate of gain during conditioning period
Bull eligibility: Ages September 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018
(Fall group: 9-1-17 through 12-31-2017;Â Spring group: 1-1-18 through 5-31-18)
- Current LOBBA membership
- Entry nomination fee of $10.00 per bull to LOBBA
When arriving at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch):
- Copy of BBU registration certificate
- Legible permanent ID (brand or tattoo) , tag in left ear with ID and date of birth
- Suggested health vaccination and protocol (see LANDAIR contract)
- All bulls will be given a booster vaccine on arrival (Pyramid 5) at consignors expense – approximately $3.00
Begin receiving bulls on weekend of LOBBA Bull Sale (1-10-19) until February 1, 2019.
- Feed test to start first week of February 2019.Â Bulls will be tested in a (100-120) window for daily gain.
- First evaluation of bulls at conclusion of gain test.
- Scan data, yearling weights and scrotal measurements will be done at appropriate times for Fall and Spring groups.
- Bulls will be maintained at a growing rate of gain through the summer.
- A second evaluation of the bulls will occur prior to the finishing, conditioning segment of the program.
- Conditioning phase will be September through January.Â Gain will be recorded.
- Bulls will be tagged, clipped and tested at the end of December or the first week of January.
- Hauling, fitting, testing will be done at consignors’ expense at a group rate.
Looking forward to your involvement in this program.Â This is an established, reputable, ranch family.Â They have considerable experience in bull development.
For information & nomination contact:
Melvin Scherer, Jr.
Bull delivery at LANDAIR (Brown Ranch): Austin Brown III